Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Baking Cookies with Christina

Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies (with no nuts and with White Brown Chocolate Chips, as I was told specifically many times.)

Step 1: Mix the 2 1/4 c Flour, 1 tsp Baking Soda, and 1 tsp Salt in a small bowl.

Christina: "Mommy, why do you put salt in cookies? Cookies are supposed to be sweet."
Me: "Because the recipe calls for
it."

Step 2: Beat 3/4 c Sugar, 3/4 c brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 c butter in a large bowl.

Christina: "That's a lot of sugar mommy."
Me: "Yes, Christina. That's because cookies are supposed to be sweet."

Christina: "But there is salt in there."
Me: "Yes, I know there is salt in there."


Step 3: Beat in 2 Large Eggs, one at a time.

Christina: "Mommy, I can do that I know how."
Me: "Okay Christina, I will beat it while you put in the eggs."

Christina: "
Oops, I don't think the shell is supposed to get in there."
Me: "That's okay, I will get it out."

Step 4: Gradually mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.

Me: "Christina, I am gonna mix it while you put a little bit of the flour into my bowl. Can you do that."
Christina: "Yes, Mommy. Like this?"
Me: "A little bit more than that at a time."
Christina: "Okay. Like this?"
Me: "Well, kinda. I didn't mean pour the whole bowl in there."
Christina: "Will it still taste like cookie dough?"
Me: "Yes. It will all mix together the same."

Step 5: Mix in One 12 oz bag of Chocolate chips.

Me: "Okay, Christina. We are going to put in half of the Brown Chips and half of the White ones."
Christina: "Okay, Mommy. I got it."
Me: "Oh Christina! I said half not all!"
Christina: "Sorry, Mommy."
Me: "Th
at's okay. We like lots of Chocolate chips in our cookies anyways."

Step 6: Put the cookies in spoonfuls onto the cookie sheets.

Christina: "Mommy can I lick both spoons when we are done?"
Me: "No Christina, there are
raw eggs in cookie Batter."

(Christina licks the spoon anyways, and proceeds to try and use the same spoon to scoop up cookie dough.)

Me: "Christina, WAI
T! You have to get a new spoon. You can't use the same spoon after you lick it. Other people are going to be eating these."

(Christina get
s a new spoon and continues to help put the dough on the cookie sheets. This time she learns her lesson, and licks her fingers instead. Then continues to try and use the same fingers to help out.)

Me: "Christina, you need to wash your hands. You cannot lick your fingers and then stick them back in the cookie dough."
Christina: "Okay mommy. Why?"
Me: "Because other people don't want your germs."

(Christina washes her hands and then licks the spoon again.)

Me: "Christina! Get a new spoon please."
Me: "Christina, please wash your hands again."
Me: "Get a new spoon."

Step 7: Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes at 375 degrees.

Me: "Logan, this is hot."
Logan: "Mommy, hot! hot! hot!"
Me: "Yes Logan I know. Good job!"

(I proceed to clean up as the kids Patiently wait for the cookies.)

Christina: "Logan do you want Chocolate Chip Cookies?"
Logan: "Hot, Tina Hot!"
Christina: "Yes, I know Logie the oven is hot.....Mommy are the cookies done yet?"
Logan: "Hot! Hot! Hot!"
Me: "Yes, Logan, the oven is hot. Christina the cookies aren't done yet. You have to be patient."
Logan: "Eat a cookie?"
Christina: "Logan, you have to be patient. The cookies aren't done yet."
Christina: "Mommy, can I have a cookie yet?"
Logan: "That's hot."

(I think you get the picture.)

Step 8: ENJOY!




****We have about 3 dozen White and Brown Chocolate Chip Cookies (with no nuts) to share with anyone that wants some. I cannot guarantee that they don't have egg shells in them, or that they were not put on the cookie sheet using a licked spoon or fingers. What I CAN promise you is that they have LOTS of Chocolate chips in them and that they were made with lots of love.****





2 comments: