Monday, August 15, 2011

Reminiscing

I remember when you were born like it was yesterday. You were so beautiful! The nurses were commenting on your big eyes, long eye lashes and head full of dark hair before I was even able to see you. Since you were a C-Section, I couldn't see you, but could only listen to what they were saying. You changed my life in that instant and there is no doubt that I thought you were amazing! (And I still do.) You could hold your head up before we left the hospital and had such beautiful dark complexion to go with your grayish blue eyes. You looked like a little porcelain doll because your features were so perfect.

Before you were born, I used to tell people that you were breech because you wanted to come out telling the whole world to kiss your butt. I would tell them that you were destined to be stubborn and that's why you wouldn't turn. You wanted to do things your way cause you were so independent already. Little did I know that my the jokes I was making before you were born would describe you so perfectly.
Of course you aren't always smiles and sass. You are my deep thinker. You are so smart. I know that all moms think their kids are smart.....but no joke you really are. After all, everyone that knows you knows that you were using words like "frustrated" and "disgusted" when you were three. And of course, there is the whole "DILAPIDATED" incident from when we had you tested to go into kindergarten early.


You loved being read to before you could crawl, walk, or talk. I can only pray your love to learn and your love of reading continues throughout your life. Recently we started reading chapter books before bedtime. You are so funny cause you always want "just one more chapter" every night. I think you would let me read to you till you fell asleep. (AND I might add probably get mad at me because I LET you fall asleep while I was reading.)

I find it hard to believe that a week and a half ago you turned seven. Tomorrow I will drop you off for your first day of 1st grade. It seems silly that you are only seven, and yet tonight I am sitting here wondering where the time has gone. It seems like just yesterday you were my baby girl and now you are a little girl. Even when I look at your pictures from just last year I can see how much you change. You are growing up too fast already and I can't imagine how I will feel in ten years when you are seventeen. I already miss the time that has past.

All I can do is the best I can and enjoy the moments today so that I don't ever regret missing anything later on in life. Have fun in first grade baby girl! I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment