Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Reconnecting

With my boyfriend out of town and my kids with their dad, I find myself a little lonely this week. I have to be honest, this makes me feel a little pathetic.

I am not going to lie.....last night, I moped a little bit. I almost went into work just for something to do. So instead I went to sleep....at six thirty at night. I woke up at 11pm and spend some time on facebook, then watched a cheesy chick flick, and went back to bed about three in the morning.

I woke up too early this morning to go into work, and was dragging from the weird sleep from the night before. So today, when I got off work, I decided to go out and have a little "Mindy" time. What better opportunity than when you can't see the people you love, right?

So I had dinner with an old friend from my high school youth group, Nikki. We went to Hacienda and had a really nice time talking. After I got home, I took a short nap, and then met another old friend, Bobby for a drink. We also, had a really nice time talking and reconnecting.

I love reconnecting with old friends. What I love more is staying connected with friends. Sometimes I have to wonder how it is you lose contact with your "old" friends. I even lost contact with Sarah, who is my best friend now, for a short period of time. I am thankful to facebook for being the vessel that has reconnected me with some really awesome people.

Point being that I had a really great evening with friends from the past. It made me realize two things, other than the fact that I had a great time with two really awesome people tonight.

The first is that people really need to cherish the relationships they have. I don't want to take for granted the loving family and friends that have made me who I am today. I think I need, and want to try harder to let these awesome people in my life know how much I love and appreciate them.

The second thing tonight that I realized is that I really miss my kids and my boyfriend. Apparently, the saying is that absence makes the heart grow fonder, right?? They have only been gone since Sunday and I miss them.

So, even though I am still feeling a little pathetic, I had a great night having some "Mindy" time with my friends. Maybe, some much needed "Mindy" time. However, I am ready for the people I love to come home and see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment