Thursday, November 4, 2010

Text Messages from God

I am reading a book right now. It's Take Four from the Above the Line series by Karen Kingsbury. I love Karen Kingsbury. She is an amazing Christian author that really knows how to write about real issues. She writes about life. And life isn't always easy, and it definitely isn't perfect.

Anyway, one of the characters in the book is going through a tough time and has a big decision to make. She made a comment that made me smile. It made me smile because I would have to whole heartedly agree with what she said.

She said that sometimes she wishes God would send her a text message telling her what to do.

Wouldn't that be nice? I mean seriously, I have received so many text messages today. I got some from my friends, 2 from my boss, about 6 from my manager that is running my store tonight, and even one from Verizon telling me my cell phone bill is due. I got one from my roommate, and a few from the girl that's gonna be my roommate in a few weeks when I move, and that's just to name a few!

I would love to flip open my phone and have a text message waiting for me from God telling me what to do. No more wondering if I am making the right decisions or heading in the right direction with my life. God would simply have to send me a message and tell me.

Unfortunately, it is not that easy to to know what God's plan is for you. I am okay with that, because I have learned to listen. There are some days when I have to admit, I do not listen hard enough.

Lessons Learned.

One thing I do know for sure is that if God were to send me a text message, He would end it with I love you. Every time.

That's what gets me through the day. That's what keeps me going when I have tough decisions to make. God loves me, and he always will.

That's a text message He sends to my heart when I need it the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment