Monday, July 19, 2010

Overload

When someone goes through a difficult time in there life, it seems natural for people to give advice. I guess that it is assumed that you need to hear it. You need direction and encouragement. You need someone who is gonna understand and be able to help you out.

I am not going to sit here and say that it isn't true. Yes, I have needed to hear some advice from others. There have been times in the last six months when I have needed some encouragement and direction from others. I have certainly surrounded myself with people that understand what I am going through and can help me through this difficult time.

BUT COME ON PEOPLE! I am on advice overload. It is not that I don't appreciate it. I just think that I am getting to the point where I don't need advice on how to deal with this divorce, or my husband, or my kids. I pretty much have that figured out. If I need any advice, I will ask. I have never been one that can't admit when I need help.

So that being said, I would like to thank everyone for their words of encouragement, and for being so understanding and sympathetic. However, my life is moving forward, in a good way. So, what I would like to is ask that instead of asking how I am handling the divorce, how the kids are adjusting, or if there is anything you can do to help, just ask me about me and what I am doing NOW. You know, how are you? What's keeping you busy these days? How is your new job?

I am not saying I won't need to talk about it. I KNOW I will need to talk about it. When I need to talk about it though, I will, but without the pressure I have been getting from some.

I am doing well and enjoying life. Please let me move forward and not have to constantly talk about what happened. I am looking forward to my wonderful future with my amazing kids. That is more than enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment