Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Lovable Little Comedian





What is the best way to be woke up in the morning? People could think of lots of things I am sure, but yesterday morning, I was woke up by what has to be the sweetest thing ever. My 2 year old son, Logan, crawled into bed with me making a fish faced kissing sound. "Mwah Mwah." I opened my eyes and he gave me a great big wet kiss on the lips, and then rolled over and snuggled up against me. I put my arm around him and hugged him. He responded by saying, " yuv ou too mommy." I love that little boy.

It amazes me that my two kids can be so incredibly different, in both looks and personality. While my Christina is Tall and skinny, Logan is short and stocky. Christina has hazel eyes and Logan has brown eyes. Logan is blond haired and white as a ghost, while Christina is dark complected with even darker hair. And if their looks weren't different enough, their personalities are even more different. Christina, my smart, sassy, intelligent, bossy little girl, thinks she controls everything my Lovable comedian does. But she is wrong. Logan has a way of getting her to do what he wants without saying a word, and without her even knowing she is doing what he wants.




When I say my little man is a comedian, I mean he is always laughing and smiling. Always has been. All he has to do is look at you with that goofy little grin and it melts your heart and then it makes you laugh. It is not possible to not be happy when Loggie Bear is in a good mood. And when he discovers something that makes you laugh, he does it over and over and over again. Somehow, every time he does it, it gets funnier and funnier.


I would hate to think what life would be like without him. It makes me mad that some people have questioned how he got here "since Chad hasn't loved you in over 4 years." I usually stop them. I REFUSE to think of my son like that. I don't care how he got here. Don't even want to think about it.


What I wanna think about is the fact that in the 30 minutes I have spent writing this, I have gotten about fifteen kisses, five hugs and a "wuv ou too mommy." Those are the thoughts that get me through the days. Those are the memories that I will take with me forever. Those are the things that make life matter, cause without these 2 kids, I am nothing. My imperfect life is so perfect when my kids are around.




No comments:

Post a Comment