Saturday, April 24, 2010

Queen of the Castle

As of Tuesday, I will officially be the RGM of my own store. It's a nice promotion with great benefits. Today, I spent a few hours there doing interviews. It was the first time I was at my store for more than just a few minutes. I was there with my boss Ward, the Area coach. We were standing up front looking at the store when it hit me. This is mine. (Well, not literally mine.) My baby. I am queen of the castle here.

It all suddenly felt real for the first time. I felt a deep sense of pride. This is what I have been working for since I first became a restaurant manager. I have worked hard through the years at each of my management positions to prove that I was ready and that I could do this. I have put in a lot of hours and hard work. And now, someone finally thinks I am ready. Though I was hired and trained to do this job, I had to prove it to my superiors....and I did.

This is gonna be a lot of responsibility. This is gonna be the hardest thing I have ever done in my professional life. I, alone, am responsible for all the staffing, training and ordering. I am responsible for all the numbers, both good and bad. This is mine to succeed at or fail.

I will not except failure. I will not settle for second best. I will be successful. I am the queen of my own castle. That is so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment